Horny in the Country


I grew up in a very rural area in a small town, Newton, which has a population of just under 600 people. It's in a rural agricultural area, a part of the state where there's a lot of distance between houses and a lot of winding gravel roads. 

Most of the other towns in that area are also really small, under 700 people. They're towns with people but few or no stores. Business is done in a couple “large” towns in the county, one of which, Mason, has a major university. Depending where you live you might have to drive an hour to buy groceries.

A few years ago when I went back for the first of several long visits I discovered that being in the country made me horny. Almost all I could think about was sex. 

After a bit of thought I concluded the source of this horniness was mixed. The main reason was that I'd had a fair amount of sex with other guys while growing up. It wasn't non-stop, but I apparently had more sex than the average queer teen in the late 70s/early 80s. I'm not nostalgic about my youth and I rarely think about the sex I had back then, but there does seem to be some lingering association that surfaces when I'm in a rural area.

The other reason for having sex on my mind when I'm in the country is contrast. The area most likely has less guys into sex with other guys than Seattle, where I now live. Finding a guy who's into guys in an area where there is no obvious queer presence in any of the larger towns would be almost pure chance. 

But queer sex happens around there like it does pretty much anywhere. That knowledge gets me wondering about who and where and that wondering gets me horny in a way I rarely ever am in Seattle, a place where I could hook up fairly easily if I wanted to yet rarely ever do (mainly because it's time consuming and usually always not worth the effort).

When back in Newton I've looked at the sparse Men Seeking Men ads on the area Craigslist. The ads are mostly posted by guys who are at the university. I've occasionally seen an ad for a guy around my age and I wonder if it's someone I used to know.  

I've also looked up cruising locations on sites that list them and have, just out of curiosity (seriously),  driven past one park that's supposedly an active area, checking the parking lot and looking for the telltale guys wandering solo through the park.
Though I'm often horny when I'm in the Newton area I've never tried to hook up with anyone. The possibilities fascinate me but the actualities of hooking up have only slightly more appeal than they do back home in Seattle. That sort of thing was fun when I was younger but even then the possibility was almost always more exciting than the actuality. 

But if I happened upon some half naked farm guy waiting in an empty country park I seriously doubt I'd just smile and nod and pass him by.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heteronormative

My Type

College Guys